A small town divided by water.
This is a medium-sized open map for 12-24 players. The middle part of the map is covered in water and you can cross it by jumping on top of passing by trains, taking a ride on the boat in ports, using the bridge, flying the cicada or manta, just swimming or, if you're pro enough, using the jump boots, speed combo and shield jump at the same time.
There's a lot of powerups (DD, jump boots, pickup of invisibility) and also super weapons such as redeemer, ion painter and even nuclear strike painter.
The map is a remake of the VCTF-TrainCrossing map from UT3.
- Optimization. Lots of it. Aligned all brushes, applied proper zoning, added anti-portals and cull distances
- Some misplaced meshes were fixed
- Custom vehicles are removed, instead of them I added the boat from the original map
- More decorations
- More pickups
- Jump boots updated
- Fluid surface replaced with a sheet
- Added notifications when trains\boat arriving\leaving
Still need to do:
- Volumes with different names so you'd always know where your teammates are at
- SurfaceTypes and EAX support
- Hidden places
- Bots act stupid. They don't use trains\boat, don't know what to do with jump boots, can't access super weapons and sometimes get stuck. Also I removed all bot paths in the water because otherwise they ignore the bridge.
- Trains and boat are a little bit laggy when playing online.
- Jump boots are probably OP, as said in the description, you can cross the river using them, speed combo, shield-jump and the island in the middle. But that's the reason I made them so OP, and also they aren't fun otherwise.
- Epic Games
- Nathaniel Rossol (_N_) (original map)
- Jeffrey (VCTF-Suspense port)
- Sanch3z, D. 'Crusha K. Rool' I. (ONS-Downtown port)
- Ryan Pendleton (meshes from AS-BP2-Jumpship)
- MDK1311 (some static meshes)
- AngelHeart (a few static meshes)
- Blue Moon Rising mod authors (a few more static meshes)
- meowcat (converting train and rock meshes) (and maxdamage for sending me the train mesh)
- Rasiel (RT logos)
- Wormbo (Jump Boots pickup)
- Eliot (LevelConfigManager)
- Authors of: pickup of invisibility, nuclear strike painter
- Everybody else who helped me with making and testing the map
- Unreal Editor (UT2004 & UT3)
- 3DS MAX
- Vegas Pro
- UT2k4 Message Colourizer