This map is the Special Edition of my original map VCTF-CrudeOcean, an Oil Rig. Practically a complete overhaul, the most notable changes are;
- Removed third Oilrig and tertiary bridges and paths
- Added Eradicator, Redeemer, Invisibility, Jump Boots, more health and repositioned Avrils
- Made buoyancy, now Flags, Skulls and weapons float rather than sink
- Structural changes to the ship and bridge, both visual and gameplay improvements
- Major post-processing changes and optimizations
- Fixed several bot path issues
The changes overall concentrate the action to the central area. The map is designed to have a steady learning curve, new players can instantly get to grips with the layout, while overtime learning all the secondary paths to the flag and where all the pickups are.
It is a tight and spammy map, and catered for most gameplay styles including 1on1 skirmishes across the z-axis, sniper nests for campers and excessively destructive vehicles for those who just like to rain hell down on unsuspecting folk. Balance was carefully taken into consideration, throughout beta vehicles and powerups were added, moved and then taken away again until I eventually decided what worked right. Hopefully most things have a counter.
PC and PS3 versions are available below.
Please Note: Requires the Titan Pack
|Ratings (2 total, 4 average rating, last rated August 18, 2014)||