This is a total conversion of UT2004 ONS-Torlan.
In the beginning I only wanted to learn the new Editor, because I'll shift all mapping activities from UT2004 to UT3. So I started to sample something I know good and took ONS-Torlan, the best retail UT2004 ONS map, to gain some practice with the new Editor.
Finally the map plays funny with that old-style look and I decided to complete it. My goal was a 1:1 conversion with original UT2004 Textures, Static Meshes and Music. The whole map is small in video memory usage and amount of triangles. I tweaked as best as I can. So it should run fine on weaker machines. Some responds in this case would be interesting.
There are only a few exceptions to the original Torlan:
* The HillTop Node is a StandaloneNode now. Both teams can capture it at anytime but there is no connection to any Core or Node from that one.
* Another exception is a SpiderMinePortable near HillTop Node, because there are no more SpiderMineLaunchers like there were in UT2004 Torlan.
* At last I remove all Avrils and Snipers out of the Weapon Lockers and put them separate to that Lockers.
* Also I removed the Avril from the canyon CentralNode.
* Because of the small map size and much slower vehicles like in UT2004, I put the Stinger Turret instead of the other one, that is too fast in fire-rate.[/list]
The map comes with two Node setups, with and without Orb. Default is without.
PC and PS3 versions are available below.
|Ratings (6 total, 4 average rating, last rated August 18, 2014)||