This is a simple "test-of-concept" map for a gamemode that doesn't really exist. For lack of a better name I call it "2 Ball Bombing Run". The main differences compared to normal Bombing Run are:
1) The map has 2(two) balls.
2) The Bombing Run goals are in the center of the map.
This drastically changes the gameplay. Not only do you need to possess at least one ball in order to score but you must also make sure that the other team doesn't possess either ball. There is also a certain "assault" feel to the game as you must both attack and defend the common goal area. A field goal can be shot from either side of the goal area but a touchdown can only be made through the opposing teams goal. Trying to score a touchdown through your own goal will cause you to die and fumble the ball.
There are 3(three) maps included in the .zip.
1) BR-ChaosDoubleRun is the "2 Ball BR Map" that gets closest to what I intend the gamemode to be. After you score a shield is errected to protect the goal area and stops a second ball from entering. (If a second ball were to enter a goal before the 5 second countdown then the ball will explode, no points will be awarded for that score and that "second" ball will NOT respawn.) The shield is made up of four movers and after a while this has an adverse effect on fps and performance.
2) BR-ChaosDoubleRunNoShield does NOT have the mover shields that protect the goal area after a score. It does NOT have the perfromance or fps issues that the first map has. Also since there is nothing protecting the goal the "second" ball can easily be prevented from respawning.
3) DM-Chaos: The last one is a normal DM map. It seems to work good with lowgravity, quadjump or instagib.
|Ratings (5 total, 3.6 average rating, last rated March 20, 2013)||