News: Map Submission Upload Issues

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — April 16, 2018
I've discovered that there is a problem with uploads of maps to the site during the submission process that has resulted in a number of them not actually being uploaded. The map's information is all saved, but the file upload sometimes fails.

If at all possible, please provide a mirror so that I can download your submission should the upload fail MediaFire and Mega are two great free resources for this.

If you have a submission that has not been approved yet, there is a good chance that it's because the upload failed and I don't have any alternative download source. Feel free to contact me and let me know if you've uploaded it somewhere else.

I have not been able to figure out the bug yet -- partially due to time constraints, but also because no errors are reported on the server's side -- but I suspect it is a specific browser issue. In any case, I plan to completely revamp the upload mechanism since it is outdated and will let everyone know when the issue is resolved as soon as I can.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• Massacre177 Massacre177 — 9 months, 19 days ago
    I tried to upload DM-Godforsaken[V].zip twice this week and a multiple of other ones over the years. They don't go through. Error #2038. Progress bar reaches like 25%, says success and thanks me for my submission. I've provided an additional mirror for my submission.
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — 7 months, 28 days ago
    Thank you all for your patience. I'm working on getting more time allocated to taking care of these. Having issues with the database server lately due to a large increase in heavy bot and search engine crawler traffic.
  • Massacre177 Massacre177 — 7 months, 27 days ago
    I'm sure everyone appreciates the update, so thank you for that and for keeping this site going.
  • PartyBoy PartyBoy — 7 months, 26 days ago
    I thought you were dead...

I have some old maps to upload and I want to make new maps but Windows 10 and UnrealEd don't get along, it's the ONLY application I have problems with...
  • Massacre177 Massacre177 — 7 months ago
    "Windows 10 and UnrealEd don't get along"

I've heard a lot of people say this. I wonder if it's the steam version only. My ed works great on windows 10 using the physical copy of the game with it patched to v3369. The only setting I changed about the editor was to make the viewports floating rather than fixed. Maybe this will help you.
  • PartyBoy PartyBoy — 6 months, 29 days ago
    I download the Steam version but the patch overwrites the .exes and .dlls anyway, in the end we are using the same version...

Floating windows behave the same...

Https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/past-unreal-tournament-games/unreal-tournament-2003-2004/16624-unreal-ed-3-0-selection-issue-with-windows-10

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.