News: Map Submission Upload Issues

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — 7 months, 2 days ago
I've discovered that there is a problem with uploads of maps to the site during the submission process that has resulted in a number of them not actually being uploaded. The map's information is all saved, but the file upload sometimes fails.

If at all possible, please provide a mirror so that I can download your submission should the upload fail MediaFire and Mega are two great free resources for this.

If you have a submission that has not been approved yet, there is a good chance that it's because the upload failed and I don't have any alternative download source. Feel free to contact me and let me know if you've uploaded it somewhere else.

I have not been able to figure out the bug yet -- partially due to time constraints, but also because no errors are reported on the server's side -- but I suspect it is a specific browser issue. In any case, I plan to completely revamp the upload mechanism since it is outdated and will let everyone know when the issue is resolved as soon as I can.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• BullyBob BullyBob — 6 months, 29 days ago
    Because the maps info is saved but not the map file will you be contacting the submitters of these failed uploads via email to let them know that they need to resubmit those maps? I have 3 maps still in the que. I have not uploaded my maps anywhere else. Not sure about the mirror route. Why not just resubmit maps to MR? Thx.
    ~Bob
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — 6 months, 29 days ago
    I plan to, but right now I'm sorting through everything. I can't seem to figure out why it's failing -- it always works for me no matter what I use :(

I did a quick check on your submissions and it looks like "DM-NeoSmithCourtYard" is the only one that failed to save -- I think. What's weird is that it started failing for everyone right after that. Plenty of server drive space left... No error logs that I can tell. Geesh.

You're welcome to try re-submitting it if you'd like, but it may fail again. Just let me know as soon as you do so I can see if it succeeds or not and check the logs for the same time. Thanks in advance if you do.
  • BullyBob BullyBob — 6 months, 29 days ago
    Probably the UT3 map that broke it. LOL. I don;t like UT3 that much but I like the improved editor. NeoSmith is actually a map that I have submitted to Unreal Playground years ago with some of my first maps. You don't have to mess with it if you don't want to. It is a pretty fair map though. You can download it or mirror it. I don't know how. Use this link:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=6871
  • BullyBob BullyBob — 6 months, 25 days ago
    John I really wish you would post my remaining maps. There is no need to grade them before you do. They can always be graded later but they would have been viewed and downloaded by others in this three months since I've turned them in. I really do have 5 more maps ready to go w/ 5 others on the way. At the rate you are going this will take the next two years to complete. I really have terminal prostate cancer and have a need to complete all this. If you are having problems then reach out. You may find the help you need. I have heard rumors and if you are no longer interested in keeping MR then announce it and stop taking map uploads if you are going to be overwhelmed by them. A response would be appreciated.
    ~BullyBob
    Perry Wilson
  • MagFreakinNeto MagFreakinNeto — 5 months, 22 days ago
    Well, at least the problem could be found.

In the meantime I've uploaded some maps and mappacks.
  • papercoffee papercoffee — 3 months, 2 days ago
    I mentioned this problems two years ago.
    Only the 512k contest maps got uploaded because YOU uploaded it directly. I tried to upload the others but couldn't.
    Are my infos about the contest map-packs still there? Then I can give you the files.

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.