News: Gamefront Mirror Removal

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — September 12, 2015
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Gamefront has officially notified me that they are ending their affiliate hosting program. This effectively means that they will no longer be hosting Mapraider's collection of files and we are loosing our primary public mirror that has been with us for over a decade.

It's been a good run and I am sad to see it go, but the good news is that we still have our three other mirrors and you will likely not notice any major difference on the site.

In the coming weeks I'll be locating a replacement and will eventually remove the Gamefront mirror from our download listings. There are a few support files (textures, sounds, etc) linked in various places that are currently only hosted on Gamefront, but I will be going through them all to make sure they're available on one of our other mirrors instead.

If you have posted links anywhere directly to our Gamefront download pages, I cannot guarantee that they will still work in the future. At this time I do not know when or if our Gamefront links will stop working. I suggest that you update any links to point to the Mapraider detail page instead.

Feel free to let me know if you find any broken links or other Gamefront related issues on the site. Thanks!
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• RennyManJr RennyManJr — September 20, 2015
    Sad indeed, gamefront had a nice speed too. Hope you'll be able to find a replacement soon!

(Also, thanks for your work with the support files... They are very useful especially for old UT1 and it would be a shame to lose them)
  • tdcmatrix tdcmatrix — September 24, 2015
    Will you be updating the site at any point? I had submitted some maps close to a year ago that never made it on here.

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.