News: Mapraider v2.0 Is Live!

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — March 01, 2013
It is with great excitement that I welcome you to the new and improved Mapraider.com! After more than 10 years of hosting and showcasing your maps, the site has been completely redesigned to make finding, downloading, discussing and sharing maps better than ever.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be sharing more about the many new features and improvements on the site. In the meantime, you'll discover some on your own -- everything from larger screenshots and real-time map stats, to a very cool browsing/searching system that's unlike any other gaming site on the net.

In celebration of our 10 years, we've completely opened up the direct download mirror for all members and added a fourth high-speed mirror!

And thanks to a handful of incredible volunteers, the site supports a number of languages other than English. Dutch, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, Lithuanian and Russian are also currently available. You can let your browser choose automatically or override your language setting in your member preferences.

As with anything new, the site still has a few kinks and loose ends to tie up. Please bear with us as we work through them and let us know if you encounter problems or have any suggestions.
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• unrealloco unrealloco — March 03, 2013
    Wormbo is right I have no plugins on my firefox and the upload feature dont work
  • bobzilla bobzilla — March 03, 2013
    I'm honored to have one of my SPEARHEAD map on your header preview..Ver 2.0 is so nice!
  • Firefly Firefly — March 03, 2013
    I've just posted a news update over at BU. Definitely news worthy.
  • Metalfist Metalfist — March 03, 2013
    *party!* :d
  • GEx GEx — March 04, 2013
    Loovin it!
    It's tougher to post comments though...
  • Metalfist Metalfist — March 04, 2013
    The links in emails don't work (when someone replies to a thread I subscribed). I get a 404.
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — March 04, 2013
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! It's great to hear from you after spending the last 6+ years working on the redesign in my "spare time" :)

Map submissions should be fixed. A script file accidentally didn't get uploaded to the server. The only other issue you might encounter is that it requires Flash to upload to the server. This is temporary and will change, but no timeframe yet on when.

@Avarin: Thanks, and you're right about those game system icons. It took me some time to get used to not having them as well. I'm still debating about adding them, or something like them, back in. The challenge is that it's very difficult to constantly create them for each new system and keep them unique enough so that you can still tell them apart.

@Wormbo: We don't force anyone to reveal their real name. The registration form asks for it, but there's nothing stopping you from putting in your alias, your first name only, or whatever. It's there primarily so content authors who want to show their real name on their profile pages for resume purposes, can.

@GEx: Can you send me a PM (hover over my name above and click "Send A Message") or contact form message with more information about how posting comments it tougher? I definitely don't want using the site to be harder!

@Metalfist: Yeah, the server configuration is blocking those and I am working on fixing it. For now, you can replace the ampersand (&) in the URL with a question mark (?) and it'll work properly.

Edit: The email notifications issue should now be fixed :)
  • 0kelvin 0kelvin — March 05, 2013
    "There was an error..." Can't upload maps

Also "There was an error sending your claim, please try again."
  • JRGoesGreenland JRGoesGreenland — March 05, 2013
    Congratulations on all your hard work, FM ! Very well done !
    I should have been done with the danish translation by now, but real life keeps ruining my concentration. But I hope it will be ready soon.
    Anyway, good work. You can be proud.
  • GEx GEx — March 06, 2013
    It's just my Opera mini (mobile Opera browser) is acting up: instead of posting my comment, it just reloads the page.
    Aaanyway, "Indirect via MEGA" wasn't in the translations list, so it was untranslated (while the rest of the mirror texts are).

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.