Did CliffyB's Ownage ever cover maps from UT2004?

Descentia Descentia — November 23, 2012
The subject says it all. I know there were tons of sexy maps that CliffyB put on his ownage site, and they were flagged on Mapraider.com (which is fricking awesome, btw! :D ), but in glancing through quite a few snazzy UT2k4 maps, I never saw the little CliffyB animated icon. Did Cliff never continue on with his Ownage site to cover UT2k4?
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• Descentia Descentia — November 27, 2012
    That rox, Meany! Thanks for all your work!!!

Someday I'm gonna kick myself in the butt and go take a look at all those old UT99 ownage maps...
  • Jefe Jefe — December 03, 2012
    Click on "Community" in UT2004 in-game and click on the Ownage Maps tab :)

The complete listing:

ONS-Icarus
    CBP1
    CBP2
    CTF-CBP2-Pistola
    DM-CBP2-Meitak
    DM-CBP2-KillbillyBarn
    DM-TheDeck2004

There is a short write-up that goes with each entry too.
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — December 03, 2012
    Wow Jefe ... I had no idea those were there, THANKS! All of the download links are broken though, so I've updated my post above with them here on Mapraider and updated the maps to indicate they are Ownage ones.
  • Descentia Descentia — December 03, 2012
    Jefe, you rock! I had totally forgotten about that!

I actually knew about it back in the day. I remember it aggrivating me that some of the maps from the CBPs had made it "twice" onto the list just because they won something in the MSU contest. :lol:

:B

But I guess that officially answers the question of the thread. :P
  • MagFreakinNeto MagFreakinNeto — December 04, 2012
    Originally posted by FreakinMeany: "I'd be careful downloading and running random EXEcutable files from untrusted sources GEx. Any luck finding that in ZIP form?

@Descentia: Thanks or the kind words and correcting my mistake. Don't know how that happened."

It's pretty safe. This is the list of maps it includes:

AS-Asthenosphere
    AS-Bridge
    CTF-Aquamarina X32
    CTF-Baranco
    CTF-Gazpacho
    CTF-Horus
    CTF-Lucius
    CTF-LocustWind
    CTF-Terra
    DM-Affinity
    DM-Agio
    DM-Alcatraz
    DM-Anubis
    DM-Brutality][
    DM-Chronos
    DM-Distinctive
    DM-Essence
    DM-Fool'sBravado
    DM-ForWhomTheBellTolls
    DM-Gen][
    DM-HyperBoreal
    DM-Iceotoxin
    DM-Kinetica
    DM-Meldrak][
    DM-Nitro
    DM-Organic
    DM-Pah
    DM-RideTheDragon
    DM-Seraphim
    DM-Synapse
    DM-Synergy
    DM-Unreality][
    DM-UrbanArena][
    DM-UT-Tourney-][
    DM-WeaponsOfWar
  • GEx GEx — December 04, 2012
    Thanks for making the list, MagFreakinNeto (can I call you just Magneto :D?)! I kept forgeting to do that.
  • Descentia Descentia — December 08, 2012
    How do I upload files to Gamefront.com? I've created an account, and followed all the steps listed here, but I don't see anywhere where there's an actual button to browse for files on my computer for uploading and making available.

Reason being, I noticed in MagNeto's post that none of the original Unreal deathmatch maps are in GEx's executable. So I've spent the last few days doing some hunting and pecking to scrounge up the five Unreal DM maps that were supposedly listed on CliffyB's Ownage. As far as I can tell, none of them have a Mapraider page. But I did however find them all on Gamefront.com (It wasn't as cut and dry as you might think, but I'm pretty sure that's where I eventually got all of them.) So I've zipped them all up (complete with the tiny screenshots straight from CliffyB's website) and have them ready for you guys. It's only about 3.5 megs in size, I just need to get it hosted somehow. :(
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — December 09, 2012
    Isn't there a big green "Upload" button on the top-right corner of every page? :) There is when I go there.
  • GEx GEx — December 09, 2012
    For Unreal? Yeah, there's already a mappack for it, I'll give ya a link soon.

EDIT: Here's that pesky link! :D

EDIT2:I just found a UT2k3 0wnage mappack as well... Just klik me!

Crazy polish people always hiding the best stuff... *does Muttly's grunt*
  • Descentia Descentia — December 09, 2012
    Thanks so much for the upload, GEx! Should have known someone out there had already done the work. :B That's awesome!

There is a huge green upload button, FM. It leads you through about five or six more clicks (the steps shown here), but never once is there a place for actually inserting a file for upload. It might be as plain as the nose on my face. But if so, I sure am having a brain fart about it. :lol:

No worries. GEx gave a good link. Thanks so much, guys!

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.