Did CliffyB's Ownage ever cover maps from UT2004?

Descentia Descentia — November 23, 2012
The subject says it all. I know there were tons of sexy maps that CliffyB put on his ownage site, and they were flagged on Mapraider.com (which is fricking awesome, btw! :D ), but in glancing through quite a few snazzy UT2k4 maps, I never saw the little CliffyB animated icon. Did Cliff never continue on with his Ownage site to cover UT2k4?
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — November 23, 2012
    Great question! To the best of my knowledge, no. Cliffy updated his ownage site for 2004, but I don't think any maps actually got added to the site. The internet archive shows that the UT2004 page started out as a duplicate of the UT2003 page, then got replaced with just a single line of text and a link to an "all UT2004 winners" page that had one "test" entry with placeholder text on it. The site soon got redirected to http://cliffyb.planetunreal.gamespy.com/ and has been a dead link ever since.

Edit: Thanks to Jefe who pointed out below that the UT2004 Ownage maps are listed right on the Community tab from within UT2004 itself. The links are all broken though, so see the list below for our download mirrors. Also thanks to the GEx, Descentia, and MagFreakinNeto for digging up more information about ownage maps for the other Unreal series games.

Also as far as I know, Mapraider is the only place where you can still see which maps he gave the award to and download :)

Unreal
    • DM-Siberia *
    • DM-StrictlyDiesel *
    • DM-Despair *
    • DM-Sanctum *
    • DM-Veltor *

UT

UT2003

UT2004

* Not in the Marpaider DB yet for some reason, but it is on our mirrors. Will be added to site soon.
  • Descentia Descentia — November 23, 2012
    Holy cow, Meany, I had totally forgotten Cliff did an Ownage list for the original UT! (Yes, I'm a young pup, yadda yadda yadda... :p )

Thank you so much for the quick answer. Now that I see the archived pages, I seem to remember the placeholder page for his 2004 section. That all seems very familiar.

Um...the lists you made above are a tad confusing. The original UT list actually stops at The Temple of Horus, and Alps' Dawn Duel is the beginning of the UT2k3 maps. So the list really should be split there.

And here's all the UT2003 CBP maps from the pack that made ownage in case anyone's interested. (Don't download it from the official CBP site unless you want the UT2004 version. Use Meany's link above to get the original UT2003 version.

Mapraider.com is still THE place to go for maps and map info. Thanks so much for the awesome website! Looking forward to 2.0! :)
  • GEx GEx — November 24, 2012
    8) I think I found a CliffyB's UT99 0wnage mappack!

DOWNLOAD LINK!
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — November 26, 2012
    I'd be careful downloading and running random EXEcutable files from untrusted sources GEx. Any luck finding that in ZIP form?

@Descentia: Thanks or the kind words and correcting my mistake. Don't know how that happened.
  • GEx GEx — November 26, 2012
    Originally posted by FreakinMeany: "I'd be careful downloading and running random EXEcutable files from untrusted sources GEx. Any luck finding that in ZIP form?
    "

Not really, but if you like I can zip it and upload it here.
    EDIT: extracted from the exe I mean.
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — November 26, 2012
    No need, but thanks. I was planning on setting up a Virtual Machine to run run and zip it myself.

Does the EXE contain anything other than just the UT maps, or are there additional items in the archive?
  • Descentia Descentia — November 27, 2012
    You guys rock. 8)

Okay, my nerd self noticed a few more things...

Tree-of-Ages is in the list twice; or rather, there's two mapraider entries for Tree-of-Ages (FileID 133 & FileID 917), both of them version 2.0
    Is this as intended?

Same goes for Purisma (FileID 1081 & 1087); could one of these have been the original and the other the revised version (v1.0r) back in the day?

DM-Hardcore IS in the list (and did make ownage, or course), but there's no CliffyB icon on the mapraider page. It makes me sad and things. :(
  • GEx GEx — November 27, 2012
    Originally posted by FreakinMeany: "Does the EXE contain anything other than just the UT maps, or are there additional items in the archive?"

Only maps, but there are a few that aren't in mapraider yet (inoxx's DM-Gen][ is 1 of them).
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — November 27, 2012
    @Descentia: Haha - good catches, and I am thankfull for your "nerd self" :D Those are the same maps, just older versions. I forgot to only list the most recent versions -- oops! And thanks for the Hardcore catch. The old version had the CliffyB icon but the site was redirecting you (as it should) to the newer version, which didn't. Fixed that as well, thanks!

@GEx: Thanks for the follow-up. I'll get on the rest of those after I get Mapraider 2 launched here shortly.

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.