News: Important: GameFront Hosting Policy Change

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — November 18, 2012
As many of you probably already know, GameFront recently made a few changes to their hosting policy. The biggest change that affects us here at Mapraider is that GameFront is no longer able to serve files world-wide. This means that some of our members and visitors who live in the countries listed on the GameFront hosting FAQ (and below) will no longer be able to download from our GameFront mirror.

If you are affected by this policy change, live in one of the countries below and our P2P server doesn't work for you, please contact us and we'll provide your Mapraider account with access to our direct download mirror until we have an alternative solution. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

This GameFront policy change affects: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay, and Venezuela
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• GEx GEx — November 22, 2012
    Stunned to see France, Italy and Sweden on the list.
  • GEx GEx — December 03, 2012
    :O The list just increased!!! Meany, help! They added Lithuania and other countries in their stupid list! :[

EDIT: False alarm, misread a bit, seems the list turned to ''countries that CAN download from gamefront'' list
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — December 03, 2012
    Well, I'll let you in on a secret -- I'm planning on opening up the direct download for all registered members with the launch of M2, so it's not all bad. Shhh... don't tell anyone just yet :D
  • MagFreakinNeto MagFreakinNeto — December 04, 2012
    I guess another option is to have different mirrors for different games. ut-files.com for the Unreal saga, for example.
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — December 04, 2012
    Right now Mapraider has three mirrors and mirroring is pretty much automatically done to all three once a file appears on the master server. Having to come up with a system based on games would be painful and problematic if that host happens to go down.

In addition to the news I mentioned in my post above about Mapraider's direct download mirror, I've been chatting in the Mapraider chat room about looking for an additional third-party mirror to replace or accompany GameFront. I have a few picked out and I just need to get in touch with the administrators of each to see if they're interested in a partnership. Stay tuned.

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.