News: Completed: Scheduled Downtime For Upgrades Tonight

FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — June 08, 2011
I'll be performing an upgrade to Mapraider's database server later this evening (sometime after midnight, EST/GMT-5) and the site will be offline for a brief period. I expect the upgrade to take less than 30 minutes, but will post updates if it ends up taking longer. Thanks for your patience.

Update: As of 3:30am EST, the upgrade has been completed.
Subscribe (Text is inserted via code, leave as-is)

Comments

• LIPRampage LIPRampage — June 08, 2011
    You say tanks for our patience and i say sorry for my impatience! :Anyway, now i know why it was offline this evening, i was trying to connect because i was almost killing myself of how curious i was to see the forum's answers i got lol :lol:, but sorry again for i dont have patience :S

Thanks.
    Rampage

P.S.:When mapraider 2.0 will be ready?Cant wait to see a version even better than this one(hard to believe that is possible to do a better one!:D), im curious to know when will it be released, will it be ready at december of this year?
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — June 08, 2011
    That was last night that you were having problems :) Not sure what was going on, but I did reply to your email shortly after you sent it. I'll be performing the upgrade in a few hours.

Mapraider 2.0 is very close. I've got the private test team assembled and they are about to start testing everything. Depending on how that goes, I may just release v2.0 without another test phase, but we'll see how it goes. In any case, if all goes well, I'm hoping to have M2 live within the next couple of months or so.

Cross your fingers!

And yes, M2 is *MUCH* (much much much much) better than the current version of the site. The update was way over due.
  • LIPRampage LIPRampage — June 08, 2011
    Mmmmmm, can you make the chat room of M2 dont require java?So, more people will can enter on it! :D
    And yeah, i have received your answer, and about the maps of mapraider 1.0, will all them be transfered to the v 2.0?It will need a lot of work!Holy Momma!:O
  • FreakinMeany FreakinMeany — June 09, 2011
    Just download any one of the many IRC applications and use it instead of the website. Connect to the network "irc.enterthegame.com" and join the #mapraider channel. mIRC is one for Windows and colloquy.info is a great one for OS X.

Yes, all of the maps will be transferred. Actually, ALL of the content (aside from the forums for now) will be. It's not actually that hard ... I wrote some automation tools to do it for me automatically and am doing it a couple of times a week already for testing purposes :)

What will take work is updating screenshots for some of the older maps. The screenshots on M2 are quite a bit larger. But that can happen over time.

Recent News

Subscribe

Be notified via email when new comments are posted in this discussion.

Unsubscribe

Stop receiving email notifications when new comments are posted in this discussion.