It's been over a year since my last major blog post and you're probably wondering what has happened since then.
In addition to regular development on Mapraider 2.0, I've spent some time preparing the current version for the upgrade. The rating system was modified and video support was added among some other behind-the-scenes things.
Mapraider 2.0 itself has also undergone a few changes since previous posts:
- The database was re-factored a little bit to accommodate for some design changes and addition and elimination of features.
- The User Interface prototypes were re-examined and re-designed somewhat.
- After having stared at the new site visual look-and-feel for months, and realizing I wasn't completely happy with it, the design was re-examined, re-designed and re-implemented.
- Some new functionality was added.
- Some planned functionality was dropped.
And, a couple of decisions have been made "official:"
- The site will have a similar rating system to Mapraider 1.0's new 5-value rating syste
- There will be no rating moderation system
- The download system has been simplified
- The forums as they are now are going away, but the ability to converse on the site has been significantly enhanced.
The site is in a mostly complete state at the moment, with a good chunk of every piece of functionality working to some degree. I find myself loathing having to actually use Mapraider 1.0 these days :) This means that we're getting close to a point where it's time to start testing everything.
I've set a preliminary launch date that I'll be scheduling testing around in the coming weeks. A brief private testing will be happening soon, followed by a public beta testing. Stay tuned for more information.